Direct-Drive Smart LED Lights Development
The main purpose of the project is to develop a new innovative product with a global market potential – architectural LED lights for indoor and outdoor lighting, whose main innovation will be the possibility of direct connection to the mains power supply. Another important innovation within the project will be the development of a unified design platform that will enable easy uniform design of the entire product range.
For indoor lighting we will develop a modular concept that will allow the assembly of various structures with one or more light units, with high quality white illumination (high CRI), with central lighting control. For outdoor lighting, we will develop a wide range of designs and materials, for various ways of fixing and purposes, lighting facades, parks, paths, gardens, and central lighting control. The product will represent a global technological innovation that will enable direct connection of unified shaped LEDs to the power supply without disturbing additional external power supplies.
The objectives of the project are:
- Strengthen the development and innovation group in the company by employing highly educated staff
- Develop technological innovations in the field of LED lights, where we already have developed innovations in the field of underwater LED lights for boats and LED pool lighting
- Increase the number of innovations in the field of flexible design of the housing elements with the possibility of optical holographic technology, direct connection to the network and the integration of intelligent interfaces into LED lights
The main activities of the project are:
- Designing the optimum housing of a smart LED light
- Development of a light with advanced optical holographic light propagation technology
- Create Advanced Direct-Drivers
- Integration of control interfaces with simultaneous compatibility with old lighting systems
The total projected value of the project is EUR 291,319.20, while the co-financing value is 131,093.63. The investment is co-financed by the RS and the EU from the European Regional Development Fund (www.eu-skladi.si)